Tonight I gave a tip to Mike on the StudioPress Community Forum who asked how he could add a few pages along with the Posts on the home page of the Agency Pro theme. I wrote a blog about how to add pages and posts to the Genesis Responsive Slider, but the same principle would apply. Read this. Basically follow these instructions:
- Create a Post Category called “Home Pages”.
- Write down the Category ID number, you’ll need it for later.
- Create a few new posts with the same name as the Pages you want to show up on the home page. Leave theme blank, but don’t forget to add your Featured Image. In the Custom Redirect URI of each of the Posts – put the URL of the Page and Save.
Now, to keep the blank posts from being added to the Archive, do this –
- Grab the Category ID you wrote down for “Home Pages”.
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings.
- Scroll down to Blog Page Template and place that number in the box that says “Exclude the Following Category IDs” and Save.
Go over to the widgets and add in your posts. You may want to use the Genesis Featured Amplified Widget for this as it provides you with more features.