To make this work with a page –
- Create a Category called – “Placeholder”. Hover over it and write down the Category ID number.
- Create a post with the name of the PAGE you want to show up in the slider and add the Featured Image. Check the category “Placeholder”. Save and copy the URL. Do not place content in that post. Just create the title and add the Featured Image.
- Create the page you want – content and featured image – scroll down to “Custom Redirect URI” and put the URL of the Post you created.
Now, to keep that blank Post from being added to the Archive, do this.
- Grab the Category ID you wrote down for Placeholder.
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings.
- Scroll down to Blog Page Template and place that number in the box that says “Exclude the Following Category IDs” and Save.
That’s it. It really doesn’t make sense to use this for a lot of pages, but if you only need one or two – this is a very easy way to do it.