In the following video demonstration I will show you how to embed a Pinterest Widget in your WordPress post using the Genesis Framework.
Adding your Pin code to the post
- Locate the item you would like to embed.
- Click the three dots and then select “Embed.”
- Select the size you want for your blog post.
- Scroll down to the Pinterest instructions.
- Grab the first code (1) and place that into your blog posts in “text mode“.
Adding your Script code
Grab the script code (2) and place that in one of the following areas:
To pin something one time (one post only)
- Go to your post.
- Select Screen Options at the top.
- Make sure the Script box is checked.
- Close up Screen Options.
- Scroll down and place the script code into the Post-specific Scripts box.
- Save your post.
If you plan to pin a lot of things throughout your blog/website (Sitewide)
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings.
- Scroll down to Header Scripts.
- Paste the Pinterest script into the box (be sure to hit enter to start a new line if something else is in that box).
- Save it.
If you use the Sitewide instructions, whenever you want to add another Pinterest widget, you will only need to copy the first code on the Pinterest instructions. You do not need to copy the script again.
If you have any questions, add a comment below.