Last night a member of the StudioPress Community Forum wrote that she wanted to turn off the ping function in her blog. In the Genesis Framework, you would go to Genesis > Theme Settings and turn them off here.
However, this will only turn them off going forward. So what happens to all of the previously published posts? How do you turn those off? Well, a simple way to do it and a much faster way than how your dashboard is traditionally set up is to do this:
- Go to Posts – Select the Screen Options tab in the top right corner.
- Over on the left you will see the box to select how many Posts per page you would like to see. Set that number at “999”. (If you have more than 999 posts, you will need to repeat this process.)
- Then click Apply.
- Above the Title column click the box which will select all of the posts on your page. Give it a few seconds if you have a lot of posts.
- From the drop down box above the Title, select Edit and click Apply.
- For Comments – to turn them on and off, select the drop down.
- For Pings – to turn them on and off, select the drop down.
- Lastly select Update.
Following these instructions will turn these features off on all previous published posts.